Difference between aggregated and dedicated merchant accounts
Starting a business is always a challenge. You need to go through a large number of procedures before starting your online store. One of the most important steps is to create an account merchant. Many merchants searching for merchant-accounts never think about their parameters and sometimes it results in problems they meet to cope with. In this article, we will take a closer look at this issue.
Classification of merchant accounts
There are two main types of merchant accounts:
- Dedicated merchant account
- Aggregated merchant account
A dedicated merchant account serves the needs only of your business. An aggregated merchant account like (Paypal, Skrill, Stripe, etc.) uses a single merchant account for several companies to provide credit card processing for them.
Dedicated merchant accounts
Now let’s talk about the main advantages and disadvantages of these merchant accounts.
- Having a big volume, you won’t need to worry that your account can be closed.
- Effective anti-fraud systems.
- Funds are deposited directly on your own account.
- There are industry-standard credit card processing rules and providers can handle your funds only according to procedures prescribed by them.
- Comprehensive underwriting
- It is difficult to obtain for а new businesses.
Aggregated merchant accounts
- If you are a startup, it will help you to start.
- Less strict compliance procedure that saves your time.
- You haven’t pay fees for the services rendered by a provider
- Designated only for low volume businesses
- If your volume is too high your account will be closed without explanations
- You have no operative support
How to make a choice?
We have told you in detail about the main differences and features of merchant accounts. We hope that now it will be easier for you to decide and you will make the right choice. If you are still in doubt or unsure of your choice, do not hesitate to get a free consultation from Turbapay, and then get to work. TurbaPay is the new service for free and quick selection of the best rates for accepting online payments on your website. You will receive up to 5 pricing plans from different providers just in two minutes. Turbapay means access to over 100 providers that will help you organize the acceptance of payments in bitcoin We work only with reliable and well-tried payment providers. You can find out more on our website or turn to the manager.